Lady Crew 2020: Year in Review
There’s no denying 2020 was a difficult year for just about everyone, but through it all, we’ve been consistently overwhelmed by your ongoing support, generosity and selfless dedication to changing lives. Because of you, we can confidently say that Lady Crew had a monumental year!
As of December 16th, you helped us raise over $21,429 to directly support anti-trafficking efforts! We forwarded every penny of these funds to partners all around the globe to make powerful, tangible impacts from Tennessee and Alabama to India, Cambodia and the Philippines (and soon in Belize). Here’s how that total broke down:
- Rest Stop Ministries - $5,260
- Wipe Every Tear - $2,656
- A21 - $1,504
- Agape International Missions (AIM) - $3,200
- Cherished Hearts - $1600
- Purchasing survivor-made products to provide safe employment - $7,209
With that money, we know that our partners can do so much for individual survivors:
- Rest Stop can cover eight months of a survivor’s needs including food, housing and medical expenses.
- AIM can provide a month of food, healthcare and counseling for one of 24 girls in Belize.
- Wipe Every Tear can serve 4,000 hot meals as outreach to women trapped in bars or provide the means for 88 girls to obtain a college degree.
- A21 can provide new clothes for 37 survivors or toiletries for 50 single moms.
Growth for Lady Crew
It’s been a big year for us, too! Because of you our organization has grown, which means we’ll be able to do even more together in the new year.
- We officially became a designated 501(c)(3) organization in October.
- We added Agape International Missions as a partner and began raising funds for their first care center in Belize.
- We added Cherished Hearts as an partner organization allowing us to support women coming out of the justice system.
- We partnered with Color Me Bella Salon in AZ and The Made Community Shop in TN to reach an even larger audience.
- We shared six new survivor stories and the stories of two children, resulting in our first kids’ shirts and women’s apparel line.
- We wrote and mailed over 40 support postcards to women doing the hard work of healing at Rest Stop Ministries and to the girls soon finding refuge in Belize.
Your support has done so much this year. You not only laid the groundwork for our future but you also improved countless lives around the world. We can’t wait to see where things go from here and we’re glad you’re along for the journey. Yes, 2020 was a hard year, but because of you, it was a beautiful one, too. Thank you so much!